Friday, January 24, 2014

Life in Charlotte

My what an interesting few weeks.  We have started life in our new apartment.  The move went well, though we had to bump it once due to rainfall.  That meant I spent the week in a new but empty apartment.  The next week I loaded everything with Skip on Saturday and drove the U Haul to Julia's parents place that night.   Alan, Phillip, Diane, Julia and I loaded up the truck on Sunday.  Skip helped secure my stuff and I learned his techniques using cord on securing Julia's stuff.  Apparently I did a good job since I was complimented on it.

To get there in time for the movers to unload the truck, I had to leave at 3:30 in the morning, which set a pattern of odd hours for the whole week.  I got an offer to do a focus group in Atlanta on Thursday but to do that and get my 40 hours still in, I got up at 5:30 on Wed and Thursday and 6:45 today.  But after that I intend to spend the weekend celebrating my Birthday and Julia agrees with me.

The new place is quite nice.  We've run errands and begun unpacking but found time to be together.  Dinner is an important ritual for each day.  For example, Wednesday, even though I had to work 12 hours I took a break in the middle ate with her and then worked the remaining two hours at Starbucks while she did her school work.  I'm looking forward to next week being a bit calmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment